Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Dirty Foot

And so I've been learning alot about making time for things that aren't in my original plans and God has given me many opportunities to expound on this new technique. The other day I was sitting here in this chair outside the guesthouse where I write emails. I had alot I needed to get done on the Internet that day and not alot of time. I looked up from my old DELL and saw Sir Benny coming towards me with a girl about my age. She had a very dark complexion that was covered in dirt. She was carrying a basket and had a slight limp. Sir Benny came closer and I thought I heard him ask me if I knew how to stitch a wound. What? I thought, I'm not here to stitch anything or assist anyone in surgery or... I don't even know how it happened but I found myself kneeling on the hard ground with a bucket of warm water and a rag washing the dirty foot of this young woman who had been carrying rocks and sand in her basket all day. She had a cut on the bottom of her foot from working barefoot. The bleeding had slowed and as I washed her foot the water in the bucket became black and the bottom had disappeared. I dried her foot and bandaged it with a cloth. It seemed as if Jesus was kneeling there beside me the whole time taking my hands in His and washing this womans foot, there was something special about her. We couldn't communicate with words but actions are enough to tell someone how much you care. After she was sent off and told to rest I came back to my computer but couldn't stop thinking about this woman and the experience I had just had, it would have been so easy for me to say I didn't have time and continue with my emails, but somehow God moved me. It's incredible what you can experience if you just listen to Him. God is teaching me something everyday and it's such a blessing. I just wish I had time to share all the experiences, there are just too many!

2 comments:

Kandice from: TimeTwoTeach said...

awww! That is so incredible Tina! I miss you! You are doing amazing things! I´m so proud of you. ANd you are definitely, for real, in my prayers.
I Love you So much.

Ashley Zalsman said...

Ohhh teens....this experience sounds amazing!!!! I'm sooo glad that God is working through you and that you are learning tons!!!! You are amazing and I miss you!!! I hope that you have a great x-mas!!!! I need your email!!!!! and your address!!!!! EMAIL THEM TO ME AT anzalsman@gmail.com and I will get you my phone number and address soon!!!!! Love you and praying for you always!!!!