Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Hug...

I am getting ready to leave in 5 hours for a long Christmas trip. I've been looking forward to this trip ever since I left the Spokane airport, but right now I'm having second thoughts! I don't want to leave the comfort and safety of my little home for Christmas. It's surprising how quickly I have adapted to this place and I will miss it over this break.
There is a new teacher that has come from Germany to be the new music teacher for the 2009 year and her husband is an Indian and will be the pastor. We went to their house today for lunch and was the first time we really got to talk with them. It was so fun to talk with someone who knew what we were talking about when we talked about the differences from here and the U.S. After lunch we said goodbye and she gave us a hug and wished us a Merry Christmas. I think that is the first hug I've had since leaving the Spokane airport. A little hug is SO important it tells someone just how much you care without saying a word. It's not only a sign of affection but trust and I hadn't realized just how much I've missed that physical display of affection until today. Touch is so important to me and because of culture differences it's hard to come by here. So... next time you give or recieve a hug give an extra hug for me ;)

No comments: