Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"Guilty as Loved"

I am guilty. I find myself guilty at the end of everyday. How many times must I plead guilty? My desires are selfish, my thoughts are judgemental, my time is impatient, my understanding is little, my frustration is cunning, my forgiveness is limited, and my love is insufficient. How can there be mercy for all of these acts that happen more than once and everyday of my life?

Now I stand before the Judge with my case and I plead guilty as I wait for my destiny to be announced. I know I can manage whatever I deserve, let it be death, I know I deserve the absolute worst punishment.

I wait for Him to speak as I hang my head in shame. Suddenly, I hear Him say, "Guilty as... loved." Love? What? What does He mean? Then I hear Him say, "You are my daughter and I love you. Go and sin no more."

"But I am guilty," I cry as I fall to my knees because of my unworthiness. But He picks me up and brushes the dust from my knees and the tears from my face, then kisses me on the forehead and sends me on my way.

I've never felt more love before in my entire life. What an incredible gift of mercy I don't deserve! This isn't just a once in a lifetime experience either, instead it's an everyday occurance if I choose. And it's not just my experience, it's there for anyone if you choose.

2 comments:

TaraB said...

What a beautiful picture of God and His unfailing love. Tina, I am so proud of you! It sounds like you are having a really incredible experience there. I want to hear all about it when you get back.

God bless my friend- Tara

Jonathan said...

I love this! You have shown just how amazing grace is. Thanks for sharing this wonderful picture of God!