Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Simple Pleasures

One fine day I was feeling very blessed and decided I would make a list of all the things that have brought simple pleasure to my life when I need a little pick-me-up just in case one of "those days" comes along and I need to remind myself of the simple pleasures in life here.

1. Baking.
2. A hot cup of coffee with my devotions as I watch the sun rise.
3. Naps in my cool house on a hot afternoon.
4. Cooking new Indian dishes with my Amma, Jenny.
5. Singing at the top of my lungs with the headphones on
6. Wrestlying with my little Kahsi buddy, Lung.
7. Wenesday morning breakfast at the market... Jakep (a sweet sticky rice bread)
8. Talking to my friends here about my family and friends in the US.
9. Walking around outside barefoot.
10. Ripe papyas.
11. Letters and packages from home.
12. My can of Big Franks sitting in the kitchen window sill.
13. My Bath & Body works lotion
14. A clean house.
15. Emails from friends and family.
16. Cloudy days.
17. Sabbath afternoon potlucks with Indian, American, and Australian foods.
18. A hot shower.
19. Rooftop rides on the busses.
20. My head scratcher from Natalie.
21. Clean, sun dried cloths.
22. Parathas (A tasty Indian flat bread)
23. Eating with my fingers.
24. Clean feet.
25. Sarees.

No comments: