Saturday, May 9, 2009

Darjeeling

Two weeks ago we had a holiday after first term exams and Kara and I left all of our teaching worries at the school got on a bus and took a 12 hour trip to the himalayan hill station town Darjeeling.

It's famous for it's amazing tea with 42 different tea estates. In the whole town you can't find a good cup of coffee but plenty of great teas. We went to a tea estate called "Happy Valley" and met a mother and daughter from New York who were volunteering for 3 weeks in Kolkatta.


The town was small and enjoyable with quite a few tourists. We had great food minus the apple pie with dried apples and pretty good accommodatoin. It was really nice to get away from the school and spend sometime up in the mountains in the cooler weather.


It's getting too hot here and I'm really looking forward to being back at home with a cool lake to hop into when it's gets too hot. I don't think I'll complain about the heat ever again. Four weeks from today and I'll be gretting my family in Seattle. Seems like the year is flying by, but when I look back at certain events it seems as though it's been years ago.

A media team with Maranatha came and filmed the school after we got back from Darjeeling and it was really fun to talk with them and hear their stories about the place. It was good for me to talk with people who could offer some advice about the weather, teaching, and all kinds of other things.

1 comment:

Caleb Foss said...

Tea is better than coffee anyway...Hope you partook and enjoyed...