Friday, April 17, 2009

April 16, 2009

5:00 am - Roll out of bed throw on some shoes and off for the regular morning jog.

6:00 am - Get home and open the back door as directed by Kara. Surprise!!! My favorite group, the small girl's hostel, sings happy birthday and presents the coolest birthday card. We go for a morning walk together as they give me extra love on my special day.


8:00 am - Return home with milk and eggs from a local shop to make banana pancakes for a birthday breakfast with the phone to my ear I hear my family singing 'Happy Birthday' followed by "We miss you!"

10:00 am - Visit a friend who is sick in bed and we bring an all natural medicince we picked from the field outside the campus wall.

12:00 pm - Head for Bajengdoba, the small village, to pick up some snack food for a late night party.

1:00 pm - Lunch at the guest house with the maranatha couple from Australia (they have A/C). Momo's, baked potatoes, salad, veggie patties, soup, and my second most favorite desert... apple pie!


6:00 pm - Worship at the small girls hostel. I told them a story in exchange for a dance performance, dinner, and a small gift... Wow, what a deal!

9:00 pm - Late night party with Kara... Indian junk food, cold mango juice, and my all time favorite - Cheesecake - made from a box sent from home, but yet so very delicious.

12:00 am - An exciting 20th birthday comes to an end and I fall asleep with a smile happy to be in India on April 16, 2009.

No comments: