Thursday, May 21, 2009

A great day!

Today I was helping serve dinner in the cafeteria. And the rice just so happens to be my favorite... you dig into the clumpy rice with a bowl and plop it on top of the kids' plate, whatever they don't want they politely throw it back into the big pot. And when people aren't looking I snack on the rice between crowds of starving students. But as I was serving tonight and talking with some girls coming through the line Kara pointed to a boy standing in line... I could hardly believe what I saw!!! It was Jingjrang, my favorite student in class 9 was back! He had gone home just last week to be treated for Malaria PF which is a very serious case of Malaria. I was so sad to see him catch a bus alone for a trip home. He's been in my thoughts and prayers everyday since he left. Class is never the same without him. But I am looking forward to my class 9 bible tomorrow with Jingjrang sitting in the back and distracting me all period.

The first day of class I knew I would have problems with him and always remember him when I asked him if he wanted to stay after school and clean all the desks in the class after I asked him once to stop writing on his desk. Never again did he attempt to write on his desk and we slowly became very good friends. He's one of the better students now and his english has improved greatly. I enjoy emberassing him during class when he talks and I'm very much looking forward to class with him again tomorrow, I hope he's as excited to be back at school!

3 comments:

Brendon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey, Kristina

What a great blog you have set up. Can't wait to see you back home. We'll look forward to hearing a bit about your experience on June 20. Keep safe ... have fun ...

ron

Brendon said...

I am setting up a Missionaries page on the Summit Northwest Ministries website http://www.summitnorthwest.org and we'd like to link to your blog. Do you have a picture we can use of you (preferably a face shot)? Or should I just crop one out of one of the pictures on this blog?

Sounds like you're having a wonderful experience!

Brendon

P.S. Just removed my email address so I don't get spammed ;)